It’s time to delve back into my knitting basket! So bring out your own crafting project, take a seat, and listen to a bit about my finished projects, current projects, and my favourite sweater knitting resources.
I apologise for the technology issues in this episode, as well as how frequently I talk to my camera and say ‘ok.’ 😉 I think the extra video quality is worth figuring out how to use my camera instead of my computer to record on a regular basis, though; what do you think?
In lieu of detailed episode notes, I’ll direct you to my Ravelry project page, from which you can find any yarn and pattern specifics that might have caught your eye (or friend me for that matter). I was wearing my Guernsey-esque Jumper and my Wintry Woods Tam, at least until I forgot to put it back on. 😉 Here is my queue and stash, in case you want more information about my new acquisitions or the patterns I plan to make with them. There’s now a Ravelry group; I’d love to ‘meet’ my viewers! If you’d like to follow along with my projects, I post frequently knitting photos on Instagram; my account is thecharmofit.
Resources for fitting sweaters:
- Amy Herzog’s book Fit to Flatter and Knit Wear Love (If you prefer video, she has a Crafty class for Fit to Flatter as well. She’s also discussed her ideas as a guest on various podcasts, which you can find by searching her name in Apple’s podcast app. And of course her website is full of useful information.)
- Ann Budd’s Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
Resources for knitting sweaters:
- The Knowledgeable Knitter
- the knit.fm podcast archives
Resources for designing sweaters:
- Knitting Sweaters in the Old Way by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts
- Vintage Design Workshop by Geraldine Warner
- Knit Wear Love by Amy Herzog
I also mentioned the book Botanical Knits in my stash enhancement segment.
Works in Progress