It’s time to delve back into my knitting basket! So bring out your own crafting project, take a seat, and listen to a bit about my current projects, finished projects, and my favourite cast ons.
In lieu of detailed episode notes, I’ll direct you to my Ravelry project page, from which you can find any yarn and pattern specifics that might have caught your eye (or friend me for that matter). Here is my queue and stash, in case you want more information about future plans or what’s hiding in my cupboards. There’s also a Ravelry group; I’d love to ‘meet’ my viewers! If you’d like to follow along with my projects, I post frequently knitting photos on Instagram; my account is thecharmofit.
- The Spoon Theory (a bit about what life with chronic illnesses is like, aimed at healthy people trying to understand)
- A couple of posts from the TechKnitter on selvedge stitches: picking up stitches along them (if you’re going to pick up stitches or seam, work the selvedge stitch in stockinette on every row for maximum ease) and adding a slipped stitch edge (for when the edge is going to show in the finished object).
- And here’s another one from Ysolda Teague about why you would treat the edge stitches differently depending on what you’ll be doing with those edges.
- I mentioned the online stitch dictionary from KnittingFool when reviewing Barbara Walker’s book.
- Cast On, Bind Off by Leslie Ann Bestor (this is the one I’ve flipped through before & found useful)
- Cast On, Bind Off by Catherine Sease (this is the one I want to read but couldn’t get to the library to pick up)
- Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier is the retelling of “The Six Swans” that’s beautifully done; I recommend it but with a trigger warning caveat
- I didn’t mention The Knowledgeable Knitter, but there’s a lot of information in there about edges & selvedges if you’d like to learn more about the tip I discuss this week.
- A Treasury of Knitter Stitches by Barbara Walker is the stitch dictionary I reviewed. I love it!
- Twisted German
- Crochet chain provisional
Winter Morn Gloves
Blueberry Girl Cowl
Post Impressionist Mitts
Works in Progress
Hint of Snow Tam
A Selkie’s Second Skin Cardigan
Chagall in Shadow Socks